Terms and Conditions
By using the Board Game City website and purchasing products from us
you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions :
Delivery charges vary depending upon the weight of the heaviest / bulkiest item that
you have ordered. This is automatically added onto your
order and can be seen every time you view your shopping
basket - we are up-front about our costs and there are no
hidden charges. Charges for mainland UK average at £2.99, but can vary from £1.50
to £4.99 (maximum charge). As you add and remove items from your shopping basket, you may see the delivery charge change.
- For customers that live outside of the UK, some of our products can be bought online for delivery abroad, you can see which products by adding them to your basket and choosing your destination country. If any of the items in yoru basket can not be sent abroad, you will be given the option to contact us for a quote.
All special offers are available whilst
stocks last and we will do our best to honour the offer.
- Board Game City intend that the prices shown
on the website are correct, but realise that errors may
occur. We reserve the right to refund you your money, rather
than fulfil your order if a genuine error has been made
with regards to the price displayed. You will be contacted in the earliest instance.
VAT is charged where applicable at the standard rate -
prices shown on the website include VAT where applicable.
boardgamecity.com is owned by Maddison Games Ltd and the company VAT registration number is 846 9653 73.
You will be informed by email if there is a delay in satisfying your order,
that contains item(s) that are shown in stock at the time of your order.
We hold large stock levels as we aim to
immediately satisfy as many orders as possible. We indicate
our best estimate of stock status below the thumbnail images
upon the website and on the product
detail page. Due to the fact that we sell our goods via
this website, exhibitions, telephone and 3rd party
websites- it is entirely possible that our last item in
a range will be sold simultaneously. If this affects your order, we will contact you as soon as we can.
- Stock levels for website purchases are decremented as soon
as payment has been authorised for the goods. For telephone
orders and exhibitions, stock levels are decremented manually
as soon as possible.
Payment is only accepted in UK
GBP £ Sterling.
Payment can be made by a number of Credit
and Debit cards or via PayPal. Credit and Debit card payments are processed securely by SagePay.
The credit and debit cards that we accept
are : Visa, Mastercard, Delta, Solo, Switch and Electron.
We can not take payment via American Express cards.
If a customer pays for goods by card, payment
is now taken immediately. If we are unable to fully or partially
satisfy an order, a full/partial refund will be made and
the customer contacted.
The customer has to pay for goods and have
the payment cleared before goods are despatched.
- Goods are delivered to most locations within the UK via
1st class Royal Mail, next day Courier (although please allow 1-2 days) and in certain circumstances
by hand. Areas that fall outside of this include Northern
Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Isalnds, where
alternative delivery methods may be applied dependant upon
- We aim to ship goods on the same or next working day. Please be aware
this time period may lengthen at peak times (i.e. coming up to Christmas).
- If we are aware of any delays to your order, we will contact
you primarily via email to inform you. You will then have
the option of cancelling your order.
- Delivery schedules are estimates only, we are
not liable for any delays caused by third parties.
Returning Items & Faulty
- Goods can be returned unused and unopened for any reason
within 14 days. This period of time is lengthened for items purchased before Christmas. You are responsible for the return postal
- You the customer are responsible for ensuring the safe return
of the item(s) for which you require a refund and are therefore
advised to package them up well and send them with proof of
postage (by obtaining a receipt free from the Post Office).
- Damaged goods need to be reported
within 2 days of delivery.
- For games missing parts, we will first endeavor to send you replacement
parts. If this is not possible, we will then refund you for
the cost of the goods and your return postage once the item
has been returned safely to us. We will specify the return
postage method to be used and will only refund you for the
cost of the postage method specified.
- If your purchase is missing parts, we will get replacement
parts to you within a maximum of 28 days. With some of our
ranges, we will give you contact details of the game publisher
as they hold spare parts and deal with cases like this directly.
- Please contact us regarding your return and then return
your item(s) to :
Returns Dept., Board Game City, White Lodge, North Crawley Road,
Newport Pagnell, MK16 9HG, United Kingdom